Fluid Immersion Simulation
The Dolphin Fluid Immersion Simulation (FIS) System is an advanced therapy system designed to provide state-of-the-art pressure redistribution by simulating the effects of a body immersed in a fluid medium. The Dolphin System automatically measures the specific characteristics of the individual patient as they engage the support surface creating an individualized immersion profile that creates a near neutral buoyant state. The Dolphin FIS System delivers three-dimensional volumetric engagement and eliminates gradient shear forces, leading to positive outcomes for flaps, grafts, and pressure ulcers. The Dolphin technology provides minimal tissue deformation, while maintaining near normal blood flow leading to improved tissue perfusion and wound healing.
- The Fluid Immersion Simulation technology of the Dolphin System reduces soft tissue distortion and promotes blood flow, creating a platform that is highly effective for the prevention and healing of pressure ulcers through Stage IV, as well as treating patients with post-operative flaps and grafts.
- The Dolphin FIS System may also be used for patients whose medical condition precludes turning and repositioning, or where these interventions may be contraindicated as they place the patient at risk for further compromise, as well as patients with spinal cord injury once the acute injury has been stabilized and these patients have been cleared by a physician. In all cases, Joerns clinical indications are guidelines and should be taken only as recommendations for consideration during individual patient assessment by the clinician.
- Prevents and treats wounds by simulating immersion of the patient in a fluid medium
- Minimizes soft tissue deformation and maintains near normal blood flow
- Automatically adjusts to each patient’s weight, surface area and repositioning
- 12 hour battery life allows for active therapy, even during patient transport
- Fits existing bed frames, including ICU, Med/Surg, and Bariatric
- Available in standard, bariatric and pediatric models as well as wheelchair and stretcher configurations
- Mattress replacement
- Width options: 35″, 42″, 48″
- Length options: 82″, 88″ (step deck)
- Weight capacity: 500-1000 lb depending on configuration
- Stretcher: 36″ W x 76″ L x 5″ D; 700 lb
- Wheelchair: 17″ W x 17″ L x 4″ D; 250 lb
- Crib: 29″ W x 57″ L x 5″ D, 28″ W x 50″ L x 4″ D; 250 lb